The Solomon Chronicles (Biblical Era Shenanigans 🤣)
Before we begin, let me just say this. I love the Bible. I respect the Bible. I believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God. But sometimes, when you read certain passages, you have to pause and ask yourself... wait, what?
And that is exactly what we are doing today. We are asking the questions our parents never asked. The questions your Sunday School teacher definitely did not want you to ask. The questions that make you stare at the ceiling at 2 AM and go, "Something is not clear oooo." 🤣
So, grab your popcorn. Grab your sense of humour. And let us take a deeply sarcastic, deeply unhinged look at the life and times of King Solomon.
1,000 Women? Seriously? 😳
Let us start with the numbers. Because the numbers alone are enough to make you question everything.
The Bible tells us that Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines. That is 1,000 women. One thousand. Let that sink in for a moment.
To put that into perspective, that means Solomon had more wives than most people have Instagram followers. It means he had a wife for every day of the year and then some. It means he could have a different wife every single day for almost three years and still not run out.
Now, I am not a mathematician. But I am a human being with common sense. And common sense tells me that 1,000 women is not a marriage. It is a population. It is a small village. It is a workforce.
And here is the question that keeps me up at night. How did he manage? Like, actually manage? What was the logistics of this situation?
Did he have a roster? Did he have a schedule? Did he have a spreadsheet? Did he have a WhatsApp group chat with all 1,000 of them? Imagine the notifications. Imagine the drama. Imagine the group chat arguments.
Solomon: "Good morning, my loves. Who wants to hang out today?"
Wife #437: "You literally spent time with Wife #12 yesterday. We are not doing this again."
Wife #789: "Did you even remember my birthday? I am telling you, I am going back to my father's house."
And Solomon is just sitting there like, "Lord, give me wisdom. Please. I am begging you."
The Side Chicks of the Bible 😏
Now, let us talk about the 300 concubines. Because if 700 wives was not enough, Solomon apparently needed 300 extra women on the side.
What exactly was a concubine? Was she a wife-lite? A wife-in-training? A wife-but-without-the-benefits? And why did he need them if he already had 700 wives?
The math is not mathing.
And let us be real. If Solomon was alive today, he would not be called "the wisest king." He would be called "the most problematic man on reality TV." He would be the star of a reality show called "The Bachelor: Ancient Israel Edition." And honestly? I would watch it. I would watch it every single week.
Strippers in the Palace?💃
Now, here is where the theory gets wild. And I mean really wild.
There is a belief, a theory, a... let us call it a "conspiracy," that Solomon used some of these women to entertain his guests. Yes, you read that correctly. Entertainment.
According to this theory, when Solomon's friends came to visit, he would bring out some of his women to "entertain" them. We are talking dancers. We are talking performers. We are talking the ancient equivalent of strippers.
Now, I do not know if this is true. The Bible does not explicitly say Solomon had strippers. But the Bible also does not explicitly say he did not. And in the absence of evidence, we are left with imagination. And imagination is a powerful thing.
So, let us paint the picture. Solomon is hosting a dinner party. His friends are there. The food is great. The wine is flowing. And then, Solomon claps his hands and says, "Gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to the entertainment."
And in walk the women. Dancing. Moving. Doing whatever they did in those days to "entertain."
And Solomon's friends are just sitting there like, "This is the wisest man alive. This is the man who wrote Proverbs. This is the man who built the temple. And he is out here hosting a literal strip show."
It is a lot to process.
The Pull-Out Pioneer 😂
And then, there is the theory that Solomon introduced the pull-out method.
Yes, you read that correctly. The pull-out method.
The theory goes that with 700 wives and 300 concubines, Solomon could not possibly have children with all of them. That would be chaos. That would be a biblical population crisis. So, he had to figure something out.
And what did he figure out? The pull-out method.
Now, I do not know if this is historically accurate. I do not know if Solomon was really the pioneer of birth control. But I do know that it is a hilarious theory. And I do know that it makes you look at the book of Proverbs completely differently.
Solomon: "A wise man plans ahead. A wise man thinks about the future. A wise man does not have 1,000 children with 1,000 women. A wise man pulls out."
It is a whole different interpretation.
Condoms in the Bible? 🤯
And then, there is the condom theory.
Someone in the comments said, "He was using condoms. Simple."
Now, I do not know if condoms existed in Solomon's time. I do not know if they had rubber trees or latex or whatever ancient people used for protection. But I do know that this theory is hilarious.
The idea of Solomon walking around with a pocket full of condoms, pulling one out when necessary, is just... it is a lot. It is too much. It is too funny.
Solomon: "Hold on, my love. Let me just... prepare."
Wife #234: "What is that?"
Solomon: "It is a condom. You do not want to know where I got it. But trust me, it is necessary."
I cannot. I literally cannot.
Why Did No One Ask Questions?🤔
But here is the real question. The question that haunts me.
Why did no one ask questions? Why did our parents and grandparents read these passages and just accept them without questioning? Why did Sunday School teachers teach us about Solomon's wisdom without ever mentioning the 1,000 women?
I do not have the answer. But I have a theory.
I think people were just too scared to ask. I think people were afraid of being called blasphemous. I think people were afraid of being judged. I think people were afraid of the church.
But here is the thing. Questioning is not blasphemy. Curiosity is not a sin. Asking "wait, what?" is not a rejection of faith. It is an invitation to deeper understanding.
And so, I am asking. I am asking the questions. I am being curious. I am being honest.
And honestly? Something is not clear. It really is not. 🤣
Word to the Curious 🙌
If you are reading this and you have never questioned the story of Solomon, I am not mad at you. I am just inviting you to think. To ask. To wonder.
The Bible is a complex book. It is full of stories that challenge our understanding. It is full of characters who are both heroic and deeply flawed. And it is okay to wrestle with those stories. It is okay to ask questions. It is okay to say, "Something is not clear."
Because faith is not about having all the answers. Faith is about trusting the One who does.
And honestly? I think God has a sense of humour. I think He is up there laughing with us as we try to figure out Solomon's situation. I think He is okay with our questions. I think He is okay with our jokes.
So, keep asking. Keep wondering. Keep laughing.
And if you ever feel guilty about questioning the Bible, just remember: Solomon had 1,000 women, and apparently introduced the pull-out method. The Bible can handle your questions. 🤣
Comments
Post a Comment